Tuesday 12 April 2011

Picnic at Roath Park Lake

When the unlikely happens...

I am starting to realise that some of the things on my list are going to be a bit difficult to achieve. Such as the brewery tour... incidentally, there is no brewery tour. Or a night in St David’s Spa...as if I could afford that. Some of the things that I didn’t think were possible, have been unnervingly possible. Take a ‘night out with Cardiff Celeb Royalty’ which was initially on there as a bit of a joke, but cue a night out with Matthew Rhys off of Brothers and Sisters, Brian Fortuna off of Strictly and Joe Calazaghe, off of, well you know where. Although, that is a story for another time.

However, one that I thought was a bit unlikely was a picnic in Roath Park Lake and to row a boat on said lake. What are the chances of the weather being good enough for a picnic, and for everything else to come together? Not so easy. On Saturday I managed to complete half of the task. Sun, tick. Spare time, tick. Friends, tick. A bag full of M&S deli goodies including wine, tick. Boats....negative. I think however, as I have rowed on the lake before, that I’ll take the task as completed, although if the opportunity presents again before I go, I’ll be sure to get a-rowing.

I’m a bit fond of these picture video thingys now, so here’s another one of our lovely picnic featuring the lovely Lynsey May, and the man himself who is stealing me away.


Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment